MIDLAND DECORATORS LTD
GENERAL STATEMENT OF HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
Midland Decorators Ltd will comply with its legal duties in order to provide a safe and healthy working environment for its employees and others affected by its activities. It will take positive action to ensure that other contractors, employees, occupiers of premises, and members of the public do not have their health and safety adversely affected by the work operations of the company. The only acceptable standard of health and safety, and for welfare facilities, will be full and proper compliance with the requirements of legislation. Where it is possible and practical to do so, the company will exceed the minimum requirements of the legislation.
THE HEALTH AND SAFETY AT WORK ETC. ACT 1974
The company will seek to ensure that each company with whom it contracts or subcontracts aspires to a similar high standard of health and safety management.
In recognition of the importance that this company places on the engagement and wellbeing of its employees, the company will:
- Consult, on health and safety matters, with its employees and others who may work under its control to ensure that the arrangements for health and safety management are practical to implement and effective.
- As far as is reasonably practicable, fully and effectively control the health and safety risks arising from its work activities, in co-operation with employees, other contractors, clients and other relevant parties.
- Seek the full support and cooperation of our employees in the successful implementation of the Policy arrangements.
- Ensure that accident and ill health prevention is provided the highest priority, commensurate with business objectives, within all company operations.
- Investigate lapses in health and / or safety performance and implement remedial actions to prevent, so far as is reasonably practicable, their recurrence.
- Provide and ensure that all plant and equipment owned, used or hired by the company is appropriate, safe to use and properly maintained, inspected and tested.
- Ensure that all equipment, materials and substances used by the company are appropriate for their intended use and used, handled and stored safely.
- Ensure that all employees are provided with adequate supervisory training, information and instructions to competently carry out their work activities.
- Ensure that all working places are maintained in a safe and healthy condition.
- Provide adequate resources, including sufficient finance, and access to competent health and safety advice, to achieve the aims of this policy.
- Commit to continual improvement of all aspects of Health & Safety.
- Review and revise this policy statement at regular intervals and also where necessary due to changes in the company activities.